Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Skacel Yarn - Urban Silk


After much anticipation, I received the shipment of Skacel yarn, Urban Silk. I had heard so much about this yarn that I could not wait to order a sample pack for the shop.

It is an absolutely GORGEOUS yarn with limited but beautiful colors that are rich and vibrant. The yarn itself is luxuriously soft. The fibers are 80% Silk, 20% Cotton. You get 92 yards per 50 gram ball, and it knits up on a US7-9 knitting needle, yielding 4-5sts per inch. I will definitely add to this review after I have had a chance to either knit or crochet with it. But as of right now, it is incredible to touch and feel.

2 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Sounds luscious !!!

Maven said...

Keep blogging!

Surfed on in here via your profile on Ravelry.

And in keeping with my thread on CLF, I've given your blog a "thumbs up" and got it listed on StumbleUpon, so other folks can hopefully surf on in and enjoy your blog.