Friday, February 22, 2008

Stitches West 2008 Friday

Its raining today but the energy is still up there. Instead of paying taxis to get around, I decided to experience San Jose/Santa Clara public transportation, and let me tell you, it was an experience. First, I had to walk to the train in the cold and rain, and if you can believe it, I was in such a hurry to get to Stitches West, I did not pack a scarf or hat, so I was freezing! However, I trekked on.

When I finally made it to the train, of course I got on the wrong train going in the opposite direction, so I had to get off and go back to where I started from, but all in all, it was a nice experience. San Jose is such an awesome town.

When I finally made onto the correct train going in the right direction, I was lucky enough to meet the most wonderful lady on the train who was on her way to the show as well. She mistakenly when to the San Jose Convention Center as opposed to the Santa Clara Convention center, so I wasn't the only one slightly challenged getting there. Unfortunately, she said she doesn't use the internet and isn't on Ravelry, but she is definitely in my thoughts. She had her tickets pre-purchased, her map in hand, her pop up bag on wheels and her list of must see booths. She was an absolute delight.

I got to see a couple of "family" members from the Harvest Festival Tour of shows that I do every year. Linda Sicard was there with her fabulous buttons, and way more than what she sells at the Harvest Festivals, she had 2 booth spaces and was very busy with them. Also, Damaris was there with her wonderful buttons and pins and such with her husband, she is also a mega talented jewelry designer who I adore.

Eveyone I bumped into asked where was my booth and my hand dyed yarns, and I had to tell them that I could not secure a space in time, but that everyone will definitely see me at Stitches Midwest 2008.

Since I didn't have any of my fabulous yarns there, I spent most of the day helping Dianne in her booth which had a nice steady flow of customers. Let me tell you, by the time I had to leave for my flight, I was exhausted. I didn't get to buy much at the show, but it was definitely a fun experience. I am glad I went as an attendee first, rather than as a vendor, but for Stitches Midwest, it will be business as usual and I can't wait.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Glad to hear your enjoyed yourself at Stitches West.